Author Topic: Export: Extra Texture Map  (Read 680 times)

Keith Morrison   «   on: September 30, 2014, 11:29:21 PM »
So I've been attempting some different methods of baking. With the script I'm now able to look at the exporter and how it handles maps.

A few things where confusing me:

Most confusing from a user perspective is that the light map comes out of the 'Ambient Color' slot on a standard material, but comes out the 'Diffuse Slot' when the standard material is in a shell material. ( baked )  It will also magically pop out from the 'Filter Color' slot as well.   The light map should consistently come from one map slot.  'Ambient Color' would be my suggestion.

I was attempting to have a secondary texture map export from 3ds Max into the IDE.  I've attempted adding a second 'diffuse', and some other class names, but it errors the import.

Code: [Select]
		<material id="0" name="baked_vray 08 - Default" twoSided="false" opacity="100.0">
<diffuse color="88.0,199.0,225.0" map="0" level="100.0"/>
<specular color="229.5,229.5,229.5" level="0.0" glossiness="10.0"/>
<lightmap map="1" level="100.0"/>
</material>

example material from the export xml above.

Is there a way to import a secondary texture map to multiply and have control of on the top?
something like
Code: [Select]
<material id="0" name="baked_vray 08 - Default" twoSided="false" opacity="100.0">
<diffuse color="88.0,199.0,225.0" map="0" level="100.0"/>
            <texture map="3" type="2" channel="3" level="100.0"/>
</material>
It's likely adding this would require an IDE recompile, but it there something in there undocumented I could use for this purpose?

Thanks
Keith R Morrison
Senior Programmer
focus360

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 09:02:38 AM »
Hi Keith, I need to investigate about the Ambient Color thing....it makes sense!.

On the material maps, the IDE writes its materials in a different way, more like Shader3D/Filters style (you can see these by opening any zf3d file).

I wanted to make this change a while back, but since we're putting more focus on the f3d files, this wasn't a big priority....still, it should be possible to adapt the script.

Tags: