Author Topic: New Flare3D 2.7 is out!  (Read 15681 times)

Ariel Nehmad   «   on: February 12, 2014, 03:22:24 AM »
Hi guys! new version! :)

[2.7.1] - changeLog!

This time we're skipping some numbers due the importance of this version and because we're looking forward to Flare3D 3.0 in the next couple of versions!, so there are a lot more coming!, but lets focus on this one :D

Again, we needed to put the changeLog in another page because it is getting bigger and bigger :D
So, please, check out the changeLog! and use the bugs section to report bugs.

You can find all files in the downloads section.

About this release and its features:

* Physics and collisions!

This is not yet another physics simulation engine. The main goal is to get a general purpose, game oriented physics and collision library.
Fast for mobile devices, easy to use and to learn, well integrated with the engine and useful!
For this first release, there are a few initial examples in the examples/physics folder so you can quickly start with it, we'll be adding more of those in coming days. The AsDocs are updated as well ;)

There are a lot of features that didn't make it for this release but they will in coming versions, such as convex hull and constraints.
We have a nice set of wish lists there, but we would love to know what you guys think and hear your feedback as always! :)

* Scripting in the IDE:

The whole scripting engine has been improved significantly, please check the updated plugins and scripts, there are a lot of cool features there! :D
The scripts and plugins are automatically updated / compiled when you save the AS files, so it is really easy to write some code, save and intermediately see the changes in the IDE :)

* Fog and Gamma

These are cheap! really cool features! which will boost your 3d images quality!
Don't be scared, use them! :)

* MeshBatch3D (beta)

This tool is specially awesome for fast rendering of multiple (hundred, thousands or more) dynamic instances of the same object, for example, bullets, asteroids, enemies, trees, blocks....whatever, just use the imagination ;)
It is extremely valuable specially on mobile devices.
We'll expand more on how to get the better use of this tool and we'll also add it to the IDE, but you can start using it right now! some of the physics examples are already making a nice use of it.

Enjoy it!! :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:25:04 AM by Ariel Nehmad »

wandah w   «   Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:33:05 AM »
Hi!!
triying the 2.7 right now! Good stuff - i've been waiting it for a long time.

Btw how do i get the library of commercial version 2.7?
thanks

Tommy Svensson   «   Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:04:58 AM »
Yes! Congratulations on this long awaited release Ariel! :) :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:34:39 AM by Tommy Svensson »

Mal   «   Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
Nice one - the new features look excellent!

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »
Thanks guys!,

@wandah : the mails should be there anytime soon ;)

Kevin Zhu   «   Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 08:43:54 PM »
I wanna know how do i get the library of commercial version 2.7 too, thx.
using Flare3D_2.5.19k_Commercial now.

Johannes   «   Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 08:53:56 AM »
We are really happy there is a new version out, the global fog is especially nice :)

We are having some problems with our scene though, with the new 2.7 SWC. Our scene (which was exported from 3DS Max with version 2.5.19) loads and looks correctly in the Flare3D IDE, but when we load it in our software, items in the scene are displaced in strange ways (boats flying over the ocean, etc). It also seems like things are moving about based on the position of the camera, which I can't understand at all :)

It could be bugs in our code, but i have tried to simplify our code down to just loading the scene, and setting the camera position and lookAt based on coordinates from the scene, but our boats are still flying :P

I also tried resaving our scene with the 2.7 IDE, but it did not make any difference.

For now we will have to use the 2.5.19 Flare3D SWC, since everything works as expected there.

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »
@Kevin: just check your email ;)

@Johannes: is there any way we can take a look at the file? you can send it privately to info@

Johannes   «   Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 12:11:37 PM »
Ok, I sent the file via WeTransfer to that address. I hope you guys can figure out what's wrong, because we want to use the new fog feature in 2.7 :)

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 12:59:07 PM »
Thanks Johannes, I just downloaded the file and loaded into the first example, but everything appear to be in place, as it looks in the IDE.
Is there anything specific are you doing by code?

Sorawuth Chaidaroon   «   Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
Hi Ariel,I'm not found the Flare Studio for Mac version in the downloaded file,Is it release now.

Johannes   «   Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 02:57:44 AM »
Hi Ariel, thanks for looking at the file.
I just figured out why things are looking weird in our project: we are using the starling integration feature, and it seems like starling is changing some settings on the context when it renders. I had found a way to integrate Starling that worked with Flare3D 2.5, but the way I do it seems not to work on 2.7. 

Mal   «   Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 09:17:54 AM »
Hi Johannes,

Slightly off topic, but do you have any screenshots you can share on the forum of your Starling integration?  It's always cool to see how people are mixing different tech into Flare3D.

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
@Johannes, thanks for pointing that, I was able to reproduce the issue, and it is fixed now.

We should be uploading a new build very soon with this and other small fixes :)

@Sorawuth, we'll be uploading Mac versions as well as soon as we get the next build.

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 05:58:41 AM »
I just uploaded a new build which should fix the starling integration issue and other issues, please download again, same links :)

(mac version included)

let us know if you find anything else ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:05:54 AM by Ariel Nehmad »

Tags: