Author Topic: I wish Flare3D to be revived in 2016  (Read 647 times)

Bill Kotsias   «   on: January 04, 2016, 05:25:04 AM »
It is unfortunate, especially for those who bought it in the last 6 months, that Flare has been slowly abandoned.

If it isn't, then a quick message saying "Hey, we'll try to answer one question/day" would be polite.

Abhishek   «   Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:29:12 AM »
Ya dunno why there has been no response whatsoever from Ariel or anyone else for that matter. The community was so buzzing until last year and suddenly everything seems to have gone quite.

Anyone from the company, if you can tell us what the state of things look like would be really helpful.

Duc VM   «   Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
i so sad. may be they will not comeback, i was bought it on last year.  :(

Christian   «   Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 01:19:38 AM »
2014 has gone much further with the engine (collisions and physics).
It would mature into a really great tool. Only it is a pity that in 2015 NOTHING happened. It is understandable if Ariel works on something new (HTML5?) Or if he has private projects. BUT: PLEASE tells us what will happen in the future with Flare3D.

Bill Kotsias   «   Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 01:53:00 AM »
From his Facebook account, it seems that he is working in a C++ Flare3D version, which is peculiar given the vast number of super-advanced C++ engines available. Which is weird.

Christian   «   Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 08:15:07 AM »
Oh C++? Maybe he has a plan with OpenFL/Haxe?
It would be great if he would say a statement!!!

Kenny   «   Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »
I have been working with Flare3D 2.8 which offers a huge benefit, but still no official release or update after more than an entire year.  It would be a shame to abandon the engine after such a huge improvement.  I can understand moving to javascript or even c++, but if this is how they end of life their engine (if that is the case), then I wouldn't want to move to their new engine for fear of the same thing.  There has been very little updates from the Away3D team as well, but they are focused on their Typscript version first now, which I may ultimately move to.

Come on guys, tell us something!
Ariel?

Tags: