Author Topic: New Flare3D 2.8.5 is out!  (Read 18543 times)

Duc VM   «   Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 09:01:22 AM »
ty!. i wait examples. because when i call function myLoad.getFile it always show error: file "xxx.xxx" does not exist!.

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 09:13:08 AM »
Make sure your url path is correct, could it be that the model ended in some other project folder?, you can use the "Copy URL to Clipboard" in the right click menu.

Just to be safe, you can get all the included files trough the loader.files proeprty, which is a vector of string url's

Duc VM   «   Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
Thank ariel. I reviewed my source. and I fix it. I made a mistake in step getfile call immediately after downloading one file f3d. it works when I call the function after the file has been loaded successfully. f3d package is quite interesting. I like it :)

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
Hi guys!, updated to 2.8.2! :)

Added "Build As" menu for 3D objects in Project Panel (right click menu).
Also added "Build Scene As" in File menu, which builds the current scene.

Starting from this version, only required dependencies are included / builded with the f3d files, we'll add the option for linking additional resources in next build.

Also added a "multiple outputs" for Shader3D materials when using MRT/AGAL2..it is a pretty awesome feature!, hope to be able to add some examples soon! :D

There are multiple minor fixes and improvements as well ;)

As a bonus, added a pretty cool list of extra filters for Shader3D materials with source code included ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:02:34 PM by Ariel Nehmad »

MJ James   «   Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 08:47:55 PM »
The first error I came across was:
"Input 'uv0.xy' can not be read in fragment programs."

I'm not exactly sure what that refers to, but it was upon trying to "build" a material that used BlendMode.SCREEN and BlendMode.MULTIPLY.

Also, how do we actually export to the new .F3D format? I have the 2.7.2 exporter for 3DS Max 2011 but apparently nothing has changed.
Attachments:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:55:31 PM by MJ James »

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »
The first error I came across was:
"Input 'uv0.xy' can not be read in fragment programs."

I'm not exactly sure what that refers to, but it was upon trying to "build" a material that used BlendMode.SCREEN and BlendMode.MULTIPLY.

Also, how do we actually export to the new .F3D format? I have the 2.7.2 exporter for 3DS Max 2011 but apparently nothing has changed.

I just tried to create a simple material with those blend modes, but didn't notice any issue, can you post the exact configuration that's giving you that error?

The F3D builds, are only available in the IDE. just open the zf3d file and select File -> Build Scene As. It could take a while to compress the textures the first time if these are too big, but it's worth it ;)

MJ James   «   Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
The error occurred on the ".build()" line of this collection of externally loaded JPGs (no such problem in Flare 2.7):

material = new Shader3D();
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("canvas.jpg") ) );
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("underlay.jpg") ,2,BlendMode.SCREEN) );
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("trim.jpg") ,3,BlendMode.MULTIPLY) );
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("shadows.jpg") ,4,BlendMode.MULTIPLY) );
material.build();

I haven't been using the IDE, but I'll have to give it a go if I can score a performance increase!

Duc VM   «   Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 02:26:45 AM »
Very good!.
I think you should add one more function. which publishes zf3d file inside the package f3d files automatically. that will make this application for further improvement. it will save a lot of time.

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:05 AM »
The error occurred on the ".build()" line of this collection of externally loaded JPGs (no such problem in Flare 2.7):

material = new Shader3D();
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("canvas.jpg") ) );
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("underlay.jpg") ,2,BlendMode.SCREEN) );
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("trim.jpg") ,3,BlendMode.MULTIPLY) );
material.filters.push( new TextureMapFilter( new Texture3D("shadows.jpg") ,4,BlendMode.MULTIPLY) );
material.build();

I haven't been using the IDE, but I'll have to give it a go if I can score a performance increase!

thanks!!, i can reproduce it here, but the issue is that you're accessing a four uv channel, which does not exist at all ;).
UV channels goes from 0 to 3 (4 in total), but just in case...does your mesh really have 4 uv map channels?, keep in mind these are not layers...you can still map 4 textures to map channel 0.

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 03:54:11 AM »
Very good!.
I think you should add one more function. which publishes zf3d file inside the package f3d files automatically. that will make this application for further improvement. it will save a lot of time.

yes, that's coming as well ;) we just need to figure out the best way of adding it.

we're trying to add support for multiple selected 3d objects, so each one gets exported into an individual file, or an "build selected" which export a single file containing all selected objects.

the tricky part is that in the first case (each one in a different file), you'll need to specify a folder for those files instead of the individual file names, but in AIR, the browse for directory dialog looks almost the same as the file selector, and it could be a bit confusing....for some reason it does not open the standard dialog for selecting directories :P

we're also trying to expand this approach to export other resource types, like materials and textures to individual F3D files :)

Vincent Vegas   «   Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »
I've got an issue with "MeshBatch3D"
It seems that if I use the addChild() method the scale of the added instance gets doubled.
Please see the attached screenshot...

Code: [Select]
var scene:Viewer3D = new Viewer3D(this);
scene.camera = new Camera3D();
scene.camera.setPosition( 0, 5, -5 );
scene.camera.lookAt( 0, 0, 0 );

var mesh:Mesh3D = new Cube("", 1, 1, 1) as Mesh3D;

var mb1:MeshBatch3D = new MeshBatch3D(mesh, false);
var mb2:MeshBatch3D = new MeshBatch3D(mesh, false);

mb1.addInstance(new Vector3D( -2, 0, 0));

var p:Pivot3D = new Pivot3D();
p.x = 2;
mb2.addChild(p);

scene.addChild(mb1);
scene.addChild(mb2);

Attachments:

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 05:18:17 PM »
I've got an issue with "MeshBatch3D"
It seems that if I use the addChild() method the scale of the added instance gets doubled.
Please see the attached screenshot...

Thank you very much for reporting this, I'll get this fixed asap!

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »
It was a quick one, updated under the same link :)

Vincent Vegas   «   Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 01:01:51 AM »
Works perfect! Thank you for fixing...

Abhishek   «   Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 03:55:48 AM »
Hi Ariel,

If I make some changes to the texture compression and save the zf3d, close the editor and reload the zf3d in the editor, it does not load the saved changes for some reason. Is this a known issue?

Also, following the above method, if I save it as a project, it does save it, however, I can no longer drag and drop the zf3d from the project panel into the scene view. Is this also a known issue? Any expected time to resolve these issues?

Regards