Author Topic: New Flare3D 2.5.19 is out!  (Read 22536 times)

Ariel Nehmad   «   on: July 24, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »
Hi guys! new version! :)

This time we needed to put the changeLog in another page because it is getting bigger and bigger :D
So, please, read the changeLog! and use the bugs section to report bugs.
There are pretty important changes, some of them may affect backward compatibility!.

You can find all files in the downloads section.

Some of the mayor additions in the IDE is the new Library Panel! in which all textures and materials are shown. some of its features includes:
 - grid and list modes.
 - materials and textures preview.
 - full descriptive tooltips on materials and textures.
 - select objects using specific material / texture.
 - full drag & drop between library and scene objects / texture pickers.
 - smart filtering.
 - double click on material icon to open the materials panel.
 - import of external textures by dragging them into the IDE.
 - remove unused items.
 - duplicate materials.
 - select and edit FLSL materials.
 - replace of materials by doing drag & drop between them.
 - and more....

Also it is included in this release, the new User Data panel, in which you can store custom user information for each pivot in the scene, also allowing for simultaneous edition by selecting multiple pivots at the same time.
You'll also find our dear wiki and docs panels (which we will be updating very soon).

Next mayor features coming are:
 - new Collisions system.
 - new F3D binary format.

Enjoy!! :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:34:36 PM by Ariel Nehmad »

Mal   «   Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »
Nice one!  Checking it out now...

BISWAJIT MOHANTY   «   Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »
awesome .............................god speed

Mal   «   Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:27:52 PM »
Just out of interest, do you send an email out to registered developers with a link to the commercial version?

Also, was *really* hoping that the new physics was going to be in this version - is there an ETA on when it might be available ( eg in 2.5.20 beta to be released in X days / weeks ).

Mal   «   Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »
> Just out of interest, do you send an email out to registered developers with a link to the commercial version?

I'll answer myself on this one ;)

The link in the original email that was sent when purchasing Flare3D will download the latest commercial version.

D B   «   Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
great

petergpls   «   Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 11:33:43 PM »
Great stuff.....

Daimon Fox   «   Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 11:42:52 PM »
 Thanks Ariel and Jason!

Johnny Hammer   «   Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 01:07:34 AM »
Thanks Ariel !! Looks great.

I am looking now and it would be a nice thing, if there would be a possibility to disable filter. Now there are just 2 options, add or remove filter, disable would be nice to see the differences with and without filter :) simple checkbox, just a suggestion :) cheers

Tommy Svensson   «   Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 01:57:24 AM »
Fantastic! Been waiting for this for many months now.
I'm working on some big scenes and the Library panel will greatly help workflow! Also thank you for getting the userdata feature in there.

Hope shadows+post also work better now, we've had lots of issues with that.

All in all, your hard effort is really appreciated, so keep up the great work.
I will use Flare in all our coming projects :) :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:12:16 AM by Tommy Svensson »

petergpls   «   Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 03:24:54 AM »
Hi,
Encountering some different behavior is 2.5.19 as compared to 2.5.18.

The problem is that if the Pivot3D avatars I have in game drop to a frameSpeed of less than 1.0, the Camera3D doubles the size of the avatar. When the frameSpeed goes back to 1.0 or greater, the Camera3D restores the apparent model size.

The code I use for the camera is:

Code: [Select]
Pivot3DUtils.setPositionWithReference(Device3D.scene.camera, 0, 50, -50, model, 1);
Pivot3DUtils.lookAtWithReference(Device3D.scene.camera, 0, 30, 0, model, model.getDir(), 1);

« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:31:22 AM by petergpls »

Patrick   «   Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 06:20:14 AM »
Why is setting visible no longer recursive? Surely if you want to set an object to visible = false you want all of its children to be invisible too?

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
First, thanks all for the nice feedback!, we really appreciate each one of them! :D

We just fixed a few issues here and there (the most important one, drag & drop in hierarchy panel wasn't working), and a few other things.
The new version is already available through the same links.

@Mal - we'll send the mails in a few days, we're still fixing a few minor issues.
We´ll post more precise ETA about physics and collisions next week, we just couldn't release everything at the same time ;)

@Johnny - just download it again ;)

@Tommy - shadows + post should be working in this version, if you find anything weird, just let us know!.

@petergpls - may be something related to the animation interpolation, was this working in previous release?, if yes, please open a separated thread so we can follow the issue.

@Patrick - we use the visible property many times in the engine, and it is faster do it as a public property instead a getter/setter.
Also it makes more sense to have a recursive method instead of a recursive property. On the other side, this change made easier to implement the new hide/show/draw layer API's.

@nero - I don't really get where is the bones bug, can you open a specific thread? so we can get more info about that.

Again!, thanks all! :)

omGee   «   Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 02:34:43 AM »
Nice work guys, but i want to ask when do you guys gonna make F3D Animation lables work again? When i export a model and check .xml i see my lables, but when i do any moves in IDE and want to resave in some reason flare delete all my lables.
Since 19 i can resave with User Data, but i wish it would be availeble for Animation lables too! So is there a chance that you will inculde in next update?

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:29:24 AM by omGee »

Patrick   «   Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 04:18:22 AM »
Ok, but the show/hide functions are currently broken and aren't acting recursivley

I've made a post here about it.

Tags: