Author Topic: New Flare3D 2.5.13 beta is out!  (Read 22115 times)

Ariel Nehmad   «   on: November 13, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »
Hi guys! we're pleased to start this section with a very special announcement! :D

First links!! so, you can still read while downloading ;)
Flare3D 2.5.13 Beta Preview

Mac version of the tool is available Here.
Updated FLSL guide here.

To get an idea of what is possible with this new version, I really recommend you to take a look at this amazing demo made by Jason Huang! he was helping us during the whole testing procees!
It's a quite GPU intensive, seriously, it is really GPU intensive, so try it with a nice GPU ;)
It makes use of many complex and different passes and shaders, but the main idea is to show some of the new shading capabilities.
Ancient China

What is inside the box?
  • * Flare3D 2.5 Release Notes.pdf - please READ FIRST!
  • * Flare3D (bazinga).exe which is the new tool!
  • * The new SWC library in /lib folder.
  • * Flare3d_3dmax_plugin_v2.5.13_beta.exe which is the new 3DMax exporter.
  • * Docs - we can not live without those.
  • * A set of new examples showing some of the new capabilities in examples folder.
  • * An FLSL guide to get started with it.
  • * There are 16 FLSL examples in bin folder (they are separated from examples since the textures should be in the same folder.
  • * A FlashDevleop template for FLSL.
  • * Also included Getting started guides for FB, CS6 and FD.

This is pretty much an early release so can you start playing with it.

This is a first stage, and the idea is to set a starting point to build on top of it, so your feedback is extremely imporant!

Do not try to port everything from the old version...we want to level up the whole workflow, so the idea is to start using the new tools ;)

We'll be updating very frequently as we did before back in previous versions, we'll fix everything that should be fix, so again feedback is extremely important!

There are a few things on the tool that are not yet included, we'll be adding one by one these days.
There are also a few things that can be not very intuitive in this release.
The Library panel is temporarily disabled, so when creating a new Shader3D or FLSL material, it will be set to all the current scene, in future versions, you'll be able to just drag a material from the library or external file into an specific object or selection in the scene.
Simply go to Create menu, create a teapot and then a FLSL material for example.
Attachments:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:01:43 AM by Ariel Nehmad »

Jason Huang   «   Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »
good job, Ariel:)

georgefloros floros   «   Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
NICE!!!! :)

Will the new IDE be available for mac ?

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »
Will the new IDE be available for mac ?

Yes! we'll be compiling the mac version in these days :)

Daimon Fox   «   Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
o_O :)

Raif Emre Akbay   «   Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:02 AM »
Wow! great job really.I will try it immediately,thank you Ariel.

Tommy Svensson   «   Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 02:40:49 AM »
Fantastic job guys! Amazing improvement over 2.0! :) Do you have a commercial version of the swc (without watermark) ready yet too?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:42:22 AM by Tommy Svensson »

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 04:04:41 AM »
Thanks guys! really glad to hear you like it ;)
Fantastic job guys! Amazing improvement over 2.0! :) Do you have a commercial version of the swc (without watermark) ready yet too?
Yes, we have compiled both versions, but since it is not the main official download yet, we didn't include. If you need it to publish something, just drop us a mail.

Johnny Hammer   «   Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »
I've waited for it all my life :P no really i have already migrated with my current project to away3d but from tomorrow i go back home :) THANKS !!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:36:10 AM by Johnny Hammer »

D B   «   Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 12:03:36 AM »
I am not going to try the new lib right now but I just took a quick glance at the studio, i have these observations

1 - The properties window is empty (not showing the traiangle/surface/vertex information like in old version)
2 - When I tried to load old f3d files (base_anim1.f3d, astronaut.f3d ) i get Flare3DLoader1 not found error and it does not load anything.

While 1 is not an issue for me but 2 is a concern if it does not allow to load old format files.

and LOL that bird :) I see that ticker. I stopped at 7291 :) is it just for laughs?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:17:53 AM by D B »

georgefloros floros   «   Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 02:16:55 AM »
"Yes! we'll be compiling the mac version in these days "
Pls i realy need it!! I cant wait to  try the nwe IDE !! :)

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 08:52:17 AM »
"Yes! we'll be compiling the mac version in these days "
Pls i realy need it!! I cant wait to  try the nwe IDE !! :)
Added mac version (updated first post).
Doesn't have much testing yet, we noticed some differences from the Win version, so let us know ;)

georgefloros floros   «   Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
Thnks!!!

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »
Just updated the "Flare3D Shader Language Guide" pdf with all top-level functions...link on first post.

Ariel Nehmad   «   Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
1 - The properties window is empty (not showing the traiangle/surface/vertex information like in old version)
2 - When I tried to load old f3d files (base_anim1.f3d, astronaut.f3d ) i get Flare3DLoader1 not found error and it does not load anything.

and LOL that bird :) I see that ticker. I stopped at 7291 :) is it just for laughs?

We're working on the properties panel, so it will be back again very soon.
Flare3D v1 format won't be coming to the engine, but we'll add support for it on the new IDE so you can convert old files.

About the bird...not sure hehe...but we'll open an API to extend the IDE, so it is some kind of fun proof of concept, but we need to reach 1,000,000 clicks to release that....just kidding :)

Tags: